It is a turbulent time for the Imperium. For all of us.
Old enemies unite to sow destruction. New alliances are forged within the hottest of fires. Amidst the chaos, rules have changed the foundations upon which many of us mustered our legions. A time of great change is upon us as the clock strikes ever closer to midnight. If we are to survive, we must adapt. If we are to thrive, we must conquer.
The End Times are upon us …
Dates – 29th and 30th of October.
Venue – The House of War – 52 Maroondah Hwy, Ringwood, Victoria.
Players: Maximum 84
Tournament Organizer: Shawn Hollingsworth (email)
Entry Fee: $60
Payment Due: 15th October
Account Name: Menza Gaming
Account number: 89-846-3932
Don’t forget to include your name in the reference for verification.
All proceeds go directly to prize pool.
We are very proud and excited to introduce a new format, The Menza Tri-board Format, for this event. The full rules and restrictions for this format can be found here: Menza Tri-board Format.
- Warhammer 40,000 7th Edition.
- Armies will be no more than 1350 points
- All current Games Workshop codex’s/detachments/dataslates/etc. are legal as per Warhammer 40k 7th edition. Imperial Armour and Apocalypse formations are not allowed. The Death from the Skies supplement will not be in use for this event.
- This event will be using the Menza Triboard Format for list submission. This format is an overlay which allows for the use of ‘side-boards’. Please see Menza Triboard Format for more details.
- This is an ‘uncomped’ event.
- This is an ITC ranked event. More information regarding the ITC can be found here.
- This even will be using the Australian and New Zealand FAQ (ANZFAQ – download available here.) with the following addendums:
- Electrodisplacement – The target(s) of this power may not charge after using the Electrodisplacement psychic power. Furthermore, if the target unit(s) were locked in close combat, after being transported by Electrodiscplacement must be placed at least 1” away from enemy models and are no longer locked in combat.
- Shifting Worldscape – This power is banned.
- Invisibility – This psychic power is altered to read: units shooting at the Invisible unit do so at BS1, and hit it in melee on a 5+.
Basic Rules and Army Selection:
- Armies will be limited to a single super-heavy or gargantuan monstrous creature model.
- Any saving throw of a 2+ that can be re-rolled – If the first roll is failed, the re-roll is failed on the roll of a 1,2 or 3.
- We will use the following profile for ranged Destroyer Weapons in place of that found in the book:
- Roll of a 1: No damage occurs.
- Roll of a 2-5: Target model takes D3 wounds, or hull points with a penetrating hit.
- Roll of a 6: Target model takes 3 automatic wounds with no saves allowed, or 3 hull points with a penetrating hit with no saves allowed.
D Weapons with the Distort Scythe special rule still subtract 1 from the table below.
- Army lists are due Midnight, Saturday 15th October.
- List submission via email to email@example.com using the army list template, which can be downloaded here.
- As mentioned previously, all codex’s/detachments/dataslates/etc. are legal as per Warhammer 40k 7th edition. Imperial Armour and Apocalypse formations are not allowed. The Death from the Skies supplement will not be in use for this event.
- If, after reading the document, you have any questions regarding the legality of a particular rule, codex or formation, please don’t hesitate to get in touch either via email or Facebook.
Lists submitted after the deadline will incur a penalty.
On the day, you are required to bring the following:
- Your army painted to a minimum 3 colour standard. No undercoat or plastic showing, including bases. Models which do not meet this standard will be removed from play.
- Tape Measure, Templates, tactical objective cards.
- Dice + Scatter Dice
- 6 x Objectives numbered 1-6.
- Your codex and any supporting documents – digital copies are fine.
- Warhammer 40,000 7th Edition Rulebook
- Multiple printed copies of your army list for your opponent’s perusal – hard-copies mandatory.
Lunch – Army Display
Menza Gaming garauntees a prizepool of $5000 for this event*
Awards will be presented on the day and will be based on the following criteria:
1st Overall: The player with the highest total points.
2nd Overall: The player with the second highest total points.
3rd Overall: The player with the third highest total points.
4th Overall: The player with the fourth highest total points.
Best General: The player with the highest battle points.
1st Best Presented: The player with the most presentation points.
2nd Best Presented: The player with the 2nd most presentation points.
3th Best Presented: The player with the 3rd most presentation points.
Players Choice: The player that receives the highest Player’s Choice votes.
Best Sports: The player that receives the most Favourite Player votes.
* Prizepool guarantee assumes a minimum of 80 players. A player pool of more than 80 players will see the prizepool increase.
NB: Podium finishes (including Best General) do not prevent eligibility for Best Presented awards. However, in the event that a player receives multiple awards, only the best prize will be awarded. The winner will keep both trophies, but the remaining prize will be split into random door prizes.
Battle Points: 120
6 games each worth 20 Battle Points:
This event will be using a format similar to the ATC. The format consists of a combination of Kill Points, Eternal War and Maelstrom of War. More details will be available in the mission pack which will be released closer to the event.
A score out of 25 will be given for Army Presentation. Some of the criteria include:
Are all the surfaces coated with paint? (or reasonable substitute)
Are the models all on bases?
Does the army look cohesive?
Any special markings or freehand?
Is there theme to the army?
Display board, etc.
This list is not exhaustive and any and all extra effort made to present your army will be rewarded. It’s worth going the extra mile here. A full breakdown of the Paint Judge Guidelines can be downloaded here.
Did you bring all your stuff with you (cards, objectives, etc.)? Do you have copies of your Army List/Sideboards? Was your list submitted accurately and by the due date? Etc.
At the end of each round, players will be asked a very simple question: Was your opponent a dick? Players who receive a negative sportsmanship vote will be deducted 10% of their Total Points per negative vote.
If you are having an unsatisfying game we encourage all players to do their best to remedy the problem at the table. If a compromise cannot be found, please contact the TO for mediation. All negative sportsmanship scores will be verified/approved by the TO before they are applied.
Total: 150 Points